Share on Facebook


Wednesday, April 1, 2009

UNDERSTANDING JESUS AS MY SAVIOR

At Christmas we all celebrate the birth of Jesus who is our Savior. What a joyful time of the year as we reflect on the birth announcement to the shepherds, "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior who is Christ the Lord." Now we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, "Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen". Meditate on the following passages as we seek to understand Jesus as our Savior.

John 10:11

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep

Jesus gave His life that I might live and have life more abundantly

John 13:1

Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour
had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His
own who were in the world, He loved them to the end

Jesus' love for me will never weaken or fail; it is eternal

Luke 22:44

And being in agony He prayed more earnestly; and His sweat became
like great drops of blood falling down to the ground

The suffering in the garden and on the cross was on my
behalf so I will never experience God's wrath

Matthew 27:46

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?

God's holy and righteous judgment had to be satisfied
and Jesus did that for me.

John 19:30

It is finished

The word "finished" means "paid in full". Jesus giving
His life for me was the perfect sacrifice for my sin
and nothing else is required.

It is overwhelming when we realize what it means to have Jesus as our Savior.

The Lord has done great things for us wherein we are glad

No comments: